We went to eat with the Arrington's as the decoy to the suprise. Since it was Friday night, the parents didn't have any luck getting a sitter for Cody and me, so Mrs. Gail told us to come. Here Cody is talking to some of the guests...Mrs. Sheila
and Mrs. Pam
and here I am trying to get Coach Morgan to come outside with me.
We had a great time at the party, but Cody was ready for bed and mommy said we had a long day ahead of us on Saturday, so we went home and got some good sleep!Saturday was UNA's homecoming, which means there was a parade!! After we got downtown for the parade, mommy told us daddy was going to meet us since he had a meeting, which made Cody very happy!
and I just sat and waited on him.
Daddy showed up and we also found Mrs. Julia and Jenna! We got on their shoulders to be sure we got to see the parade really good.
I saw the band! firetrucks, LEO & UNA, the cheerleaders and so many other fun things thanks to daddy's height!
Cody can't sit good enough for shoulders yet so he couldn't see much. He said he had fun watching what he could see tho.
We got home and rested, then started getting ready for the game. Cody said he would help mommy by feeding himself.
Finally it was tailgating time! We swung by to get Mrs. Gail then off to the stadium we went! Here's Cody and Mrs. Gail tailgating.
Then we got in line for the lion walk. I found LEO and gave him high 5!
After the lion walk, we met daddy on the field, where I gave him a pre-game talk.
That's also where we found Nanaw, Uncle Allen & Austin. Here's Cody and me with Daddy and Nanaw...
Then I told Cody to sit with daddy and give him a pre-game talk
while I went to make sure our quarterback was getting warmed up!
After we made sure daddy had the game plan, Cody told daddy good luck!
then I found the food back at the RV. On the menu for me: Cornbread and mama's "homemade" chocolate chip cookies!
Finally it was game time! Cody sat with Nanaw and Aunt Marybeth for most of the game, while I got to sit with TJ some
and mommy some.
Cody came back to sit with us towards the end of the game. Jenna said she wanted to hold Cody.
Our Lions won the game 42-17, which makes us 6-0 now! and Cody and I made it thru the whole game, so we got to go on the field! Cody went with Mrs. Shyrl to congratulate Coach Bowden.
Then he prayed with the team.
I found daddy and walked with him to shake all the players hands.
Saturday was such a long day, but Cody and I had so much fun with all the homecoming festivities!! Daddy told me the game this week was on Thursday night against North Greenville at Braly Stadium. Which means there's a chance we get to go Saturday to pick out a pumpkin to carve!! Yay for the game on Thursday and yay for a pumpkin!!!
Oh and Mommy and I went Saturday to get my Halloween costume. They didn't have Cody's so she has to order it...stay tuned to see what we're going to be!


No comments:
Post a Comment