Friday JuJu and Mama picked Cody up from school and took him, along with Chance, to get his 1 year pictures made. There, Cody had the opportunity to eat a whole cake with his hands.
He only had a little bit of icing on his face and hands when he was done, so just a little wipe off got him clean unlike me at my 1 year pictures! I had to have a bath before I left Mrs. Michelle's house! See my picture here
Once Cody was done taking pictures, they came to get me from school and we headed to meet Mrs. Lauren to pick up Cody's birthday cake. Didn't Mrs. Lauren do an awsome job on the cakes!!
Once we got the cakes home safely, we met Pawpaw for dinner! It was getting late by then, so we told Pawpaw good nite and we'd see him Saturday!Saturday before the party, cousins Logan, Mary Evelyn and Presley came over to play
After playing a while, they left to go take naps so I did the same. When I woke up, it was time to party!!! Cody's party was a circus theme at Monkey N Around. 
Mama made all the banners (with the help of www.dimpleprints.com )including this one that showed a picture of Cody at each month

Cody found this rocking "Nemo" to play on
then he turned around and saw me sliding down this GIANT inflatible slide
He decided he would go down it himself, which he loved!
After playing some, Cody opened his presents
He even stopped to read his card
I think he really loved all his new goodies, which included some $$$, clothes, books, bowling pins, some beach/pool toys and a towel, Toy Story 1 and 2 DVDs, a tractor, a WonderPets Flyboat (my favorite!) and this push toy that Nona gave him
He made sure to thank everyone for the gift they gave him and even gave Nona a hug
We all got a piece of cake, while Cody got a WHOLE cake to himself and a special chair with balloons on it!
I couldn't believe Cody didn't make a fun huge mess with his cake
I went to check on him, but got stopped by Mama to take a picture. I DID NOT want to pose for a picture because I still had my cake and ice cream waiting on me...
Cody did finally manage to get some cake on his hands and face
and in his ear since he had a double ear infection (but we didn't know until the following Monday). Mama ate some of his cake with him and this is all the damage they could do to it...
Once I was done with my cake and ice cream, I made my way to the coaster. Oh boy it was SUPER fun! weeeeeeeeCody and I had a great time with ALL of our friends and family on his fun birthday weekend. He said thank you to everyone that came to the party and made the trip to Florence. Click HERE for all the pictures from the fun filled weekend!
Monday morning, JuJu was leaving so Cody gave her a big hug bye
Then she gave me a new fun suprise! My own weedeater!! with goggles!
Maybe she'll bring me the matching blower next time? haha kidding JuJu this weedeater is great! if I can keep Cody away from it!
With all the birthday fun, unfortunately it came to a not so fun event. Yep, Cody's 1 year shots. At his appointment on Monday, we found out that he had a bad infected right ear along with a mild infected left ear. Dr. Moore said she was impressed with how tough he's been since he never even let on that he was hurting. Way to be tough Cody! He was also tough when getting 4 shots. He cried a little, but nothing that his paci wouldn't help!
Cody at 1 year weighs 20.8 (25%), has a head 17.5" around and is 29.25" tall (25%). Along with those stats are some fun facts about him:He LOVES to play pat-a-cake and peek a boo
Waves bye bye
Mutters mama and dadda
Loves "swimming" in the tub
Favorite character is none other than Elmo!
Loves to dance
Has 6 teeth
Holds onto things to walk
Likes playing with anything that I'm trying to play with (in other words, he steals toys from me!)
Sleeps from 8:00 pm - 7:30 or 8:00 am
Like to drop something and say "uh-o"
But his "uh-o" also sounds like "thank you" so it's up to you to determine which one he is meaning!
Overall, Cody is a pretty good little brother. I've enjoyed showing him the "ropes" of life so far and looking forward to a lifetime together as brothers!


No comments:
Post a Comment