Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
I am Beau Benjamin. Welcome to my blog.
Be sure to add my link to your favorites.
Feel free to leave me a comment. If you do, please state your name at the end or else it will just read anonymous & I won't know who said it. If you can't figure out how to leave a comment you can email me at mommy's address: beaus22@yahoo.com
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Christmas Blog...finally

Well it has take me a while, but I hope it will be worth the wait to you. Here is my story of mine and Cody's Christmas holiday. This was my 3rd Christmas, but it was Cody's FIRST! Our Christmas started on Christmas Eve when Daddy's family came to our house for dinner. Mama cooked a huge meal, while daddy had his good friend Reid do our turkey. Enough about food tho, let's get onto the good stuff!....PRESENTS! I had several to open so Cousin Austin pitched in to helpAfter his help with the first one, I moved onto the next one on my own.
In the meantime, Cody sat in mama's lap while he opened his very first Christmas present.In his first present was one of my most favorite things these days...a TRAIN! Once we opened all the presents, Cody and I sat together to playTho he's had them for about a month, Cody decided he would show off his 2 teeth.Then he looked at mama and asked her to open the box to his new dump truck.The grown ups made Cody take a break from playing to take his 4 generation picture, just like I did at my first Christmas!Then I said I wanted in there, but only if the train could come!
Since the camera's were out, they got a picture of all the "kids" with mawmawThen Cody and I sat in Austin's lap for the "great-grandkid" picture.Mama thought it would be a good idea since there were people there to take pictures to get a picture of our family together in front of our tree. Cody liked the idea, but I told mama I would only take the picture if I could hold a ball off the tree.Once everyone left, the parents convinced Cody and me to go to bed since Santa was coming! I agreed it was a good idea because the sooner I went to bed, the sooner I could wake up and see what Santa brought! The parents had a good plan to wake up before Cody and me so they could video our reaction to what Santa brought. Well I kinda ruined their plan because I got up before them and they woke up to hearing fire engine sounds because I spotted my new firetruck!Cody found that he got maracas & a choo choo train and a musical table!
While I got a guitarand a dump truck!
After we saw what Santa had brought us, it was time to open presents from the parents. It took me a while to get this onebut I kept trying...and found a soccer ball!Cody isn't great at opening presents yet, so he asked me to help him open his.I did and inside we found his very own airplane backpack!We both got this drum, but Cody kind of took over
Which was ok because I found my stocking and inside it I found this flute!Look at all the toys Cody and I had after just 2 days!
This wasn't just Cody's first Christmas. It was our first family Christmas in a house. Which also means it was our first time to have a big tree! I helped mama decorate it right after Thanksgiving. Mama forgot to take a picture of the tree with all the presents under it, so here it is after we opened presents.
After I helped the parents move all the new toys to mine and Cody's room, mama started packing. Cody, mama and I were leaving the next day to take a 5 day tour of Mississippi. The first stop was at Nona's in Greenville where Cody got to take another 4 generation picture
Then of course I had to jump in!
After that, guess what time it was!Yep that's right! More presents!!Uncle Dade held CodyWhile Cousin Bella passed out presentsShe handed me mine and o boy I was excited to see what was in it!

It was this rug that I could push my toy cars on that for some reason Cody decided to sit on and "drink" some tea
Once Cody was done having fun on MY present, he decided to open hisThe ribbon was giving him fits thoBut he kept on tryingand he got it! (with some help)After that, I asked Cody how he was enjoying his 1st Christmas and he said it's been great so far!Sunday morning we woke up, loaded the truck and told Nona and JuJu bye! I was excited because we were headed to see Pawpaw! Waiting on us at Pawpaws were our cousins Logan, Mary Evelyn, Presley and Bella! We were all, for the most part, excited to see each other It didn't take Cody long to find Pawpaw's lap.When Cody was done saying hello to Pawpaw, he played with Cousin Bella I found my way to Pawpaw's lap, then told him I was thirsty! He found me a fun cup to drink from...don't worry, it was just coke!After a couple of sips, it was present time AGAIN! I found one of my favorite characters on this big box when I got the paper off. Yes it's Handy Manny!!!
Then Cody found himself with a new friend...it was, but of course, who else...Elmo!We played with the cousins for a while after opening presents, but it got late and they had to leave. Fortunately we were staying the nite because Pawpaw took me out to see his TRACTOR!Cody said he wanted to sit on it to!Have you heard the saying "all good things must come to an end"? Well this was a good thing and mama said it was time to go in because it was cold. I was of course NOT happy to get off the tractor, but Pawpaw said if I was good then he would take me for a ride on it the next morning. I made sure I reminded Pawpaw of that the next morning. After breakfast, Pawpaw and I put on some warm clothes and we headed off on the tractor. When we pulled back up to the house, mama was waiting on us with Cody and of course her camera. Cody didn't go for a ride, but he got to sit in on picturesI asked Pawpaw what this lever I had my hand on didHe said pull it and see! I pulled it and this thing in front of the tractor started going upWhich of course like everything else, Cody thought was funny
Cody got down then Pawpaw and I went to put the tractor up so we could go back inside and get warm. For some reason Mama started packing the truck again. Soon after that she told Cody and me to tell Pawpaw bye. I did, but I was not happy about leaving. I don't think Cody cared one way or the other because he's just ALWAYS happy.We got in the car this time and I asked Mama where we were going now. She said to Brandon to see Uncle Dade, Aunt Shelley and Bella. Well we pulled up to the Olive Garden and that's when I saw Aunt Brenda and JuJu. JuJu said she was going to Uncle Dade's with us, but after we ate! This was Cody's first time to sit in a high chair and feed himself at a restaurant. By coincidence, Olive Garden was the first place I sat in a high chair and fed myself!We had lots and lots of fun at Cousin Bella's house. She and I sat at her new table to draw togetherCody just watched usI then found a fun car to ride onOnce I got off the car, I had to tell Mama and Bella something very seriousCody and JuJu took a break from reading their book the listen to my storyOne night before bed, Uncle Dade became a playground. He took turns with Bella and me throwing us in the air.
Uncle Dade's playground became tired and he started running from us. I chased after him while saying, "mone Bella!" Cody found it more entertaining to chew on his socks... I think Aunt Shelley may like to shop because Bella had TONS of fun toys. One included this spinning Elmo chair that Cody found.I asked Cody if I could sit with him and he said sure!I just love my brother Cody and love holding him!Well the end of our trip was coming near. We woke up Wednesday morning and Mama was packing the car up again. Uncle Dade entertained us while she packed. He showed us how to play the Wii While we were saying bye, JuJu got in the driver's seat. I asked what she was doing and she said she was going home with us! I was super excited about that! She drove us home while Mama sat in the back and entertained Cody and me for the 4 1/2 journey back home. Once we got home, we told Chance how much we missed him!The next day was New Years Eve. The parents were going for a night out, so JuJu stayed with us for the nite. The parents booked a room at the Marriott and went to a party at the convention center. Here they are on the balcony at the hoteland then here is mama with just a few of the many friends they celebrated withThe parents got home the next morning and told us their New Year is very HAPPY because they have Cody and me. Awe we just LOVE Mama and Daddy!As you can see, Cody and I had a busy fun filled Christmas holiday and that's part of the reason for my update delay. I have more things to tell you that we've been doing since the new year, but I'm going to go for now. Hope you enjoyed our Christmas holiday story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beau...keep up the good work on your blog. I enjoy it so much. Also enjoyed the holiday season with all of you.
Hope to see you soon.
Hugs & Kisses
Juju