They taught me how to dribble the ball with my feet
and do throw ins for when the ball goes out of bounds.
The week after camp, the parents, Cody and I packed up and headed on vacation! Our destination was Chattanooga! Our first stop in Chattanooga was the Aquarium. Once we got in, we spotted these rocking chairs, so daddy, Cody and I sat for a quick break in front of the Tennessee River.
The first stop in the aquarium really excited me! I walked in and said, "look it's Happy Feet!!"
Very soon after that, Cody and I were acting up, so we got put in jail. Haha not really, we got in a shark cage!!
We then saw a HUGE turtle shell
I really loved the up close look at all the fish, turtles, sharks and whatever this is...
But in the end, our favorite part of the aquarium was the penguins, so we went to visit them again!
The next day was my most favorite day! Do you know what this is???
It's a TRAIN! and yes we got to ride it! Before we got on tho, we got to meet the conductor! It was like Santa Claus from the Polar Express!
I sat patiently in my seat on the train waiting for the conductor to ask for "tickets please!"
Cody did to, but he wasn't near into it as I was. I wore my conductor hat the whole trip and Cody didn't want his on at all.
We finally got our tickets punched and I looked hard at mine to see what word the conductor punched in it.
This train ride was making me extremely happy, especially when I got to sit with daddy!
Cody was having a super fun time to. He rarely sat down on the trip
We got to a location where they had to turn the train around on a turn table, so we got off the train and watched them do that. After that we found this big black train to look at.
We saw lots of train once we got back to the station and got to look and climb on them as much as we wanted. I could have stayed there all day, but they all finally got me to leave and we headed to Lookout Mountain. We could see far far away up on the mountain!
This was a battle site for the civil war, so Cody and I got to see and climb on some cannons!
After seeing the views of Lookout Mountain, we all headed back to the hotel to rest! Cody and I were just to excited about everything that we had done so we couldn't sleep. We decided to load up and head to the riverwalk, which is of course when Cody fell asleep. Daddy was sweet enough to sit in the car with Cody and let him sleep while mama and I ventured off to the riverwalk and then found some ICE CREAM!
Finally, Cody woke up and we headed to the baseball field! Outside the stadium they had some fun baseballs
and little kid statues!
Finally we headed in to find our seats right behind home plate. This was our view watching the Lookouts beat the Jacksonville Suns 9-6.
It was super hot at the game before the sun went down. We were all sweating pretty bad. That's where I got this awesome hairstyle!
Daddy got Cody and me mini bats like the one in the picture above, but during one inning, he took me over to look in the 3rd base dugout and the coach in there handed me a real BIG wooden bat like what they use! Cody is holding it in the picture of my family and me below!
On the way home we got to stop at the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville. There we got to watch a 3D movie about a Sea Rex. I loved the movie!
Cody didn't love it so much, but he liked playing with the glasses.
After seeing the movie, we found a place to become astronauts!
and then we climbed in a shuttle to blast off!!
One of their special exhibits while we were there was this T-Rex, which I love!
It was pouring rain while we were there, so we didn't get to see the big rockets outside. Cody and I were ok with that because we found one that fit us just fine.
We did get back to Florence, but we didn't go home! We got to go to another hotel! We checked into the Marriott and swam at this super fun pool!
Cody and I loved the waterfall, but didn't love going under it by ourselves, so mama and daddy took turns taking us under it.
Then we found this swirl slide. After Cody went down it the first time, he said, "that was stary!!" as he was laughing.
At first I wouldn't go down the slide by myself, but Miss Jessica was there to talk me into it. After that, I don't think I ever got off the slide again.
In fact, Cody got so tired of watching me slide, that he decided to take a nap.
Not sure if it was a good idea for Cody to sleep at the pool because he was wide awake at bedtime and all he wanted to do was play and watch Toy Story! Which he did
Not sure if it was a good idea for Cody to sleep at the pool because he was wide awake at bedtime and all he wanted to do was play and watch Toy Story! Which he did
While I sacked out in my own bed at the hotel. Did I mention I love hotels??
Even after we left the hotel and went home, we still had some fun at Gatman Park. These turn thingys were my favorite, but I sure did get dizzy!
Even after we left the hotel and went home, we still had some fun at Gatman Park. These turn thingys were my favorite, but I sure did get dizzy!
Cody said he was just as happy being a monkey on our swingset at home!
Our family vacation was the BEST! I don't think I could have had any more fun. Cody seemed to have a good time, but he refused to take a lot of pictures. I've had nearly 4 years practice of the camera in my face, so I'm sure he'll come around for vacation pictures in another year or so!
Our family vacation was the BEST! I don't think I could have had any more fun. Cody seemed to have a good time, but he refused to take a lot of pictures. I've had nearly 4 years practice of the camera in my face, so I'm sure he'll come around for vacation pictures in another year or so!


1 comment:
Beau...what a fun vacation!! You and Cody get to do so much. You have good form on the soccer field too. See you soon.
Hugs & Kisses
Juju
Post a Comment